Monday, May 13, 2013

Rimmel BB Cream Review

Hi Guys! 

So today I decided to review Rimmel's BB Cream. Summer is coming up and I wanted to a find a lighter alternative with sunscreen it because I work at an outdoor pool and foundation can get to heavy in the heat. I've hear good things about BB creams and when I saw that Rimmel (we all know my love for Rimmel) had one, I wanted to try it!



It comes in a lotion looking bottle and in three shades, light, medium and medium/dark and I got the medium. Personally I think it should come in more colors because it's not fair to dark skin tones that they don't have anything darker than medium/dark. It is nine in one and is suppose to prime, moisturize, minimizes pores, conceal, cover, smooth, mattify, brighten and help protect all at one time. Let me start by saying it might do like two of the nine and I'm extremely disappointed in this product. 

This BB cream is extremely thick. I feel like I'm putting on SPF 90 sunscreen on my face. It is hard to spread out evenly and tends to cake. After about 5 minutes of spreading it, I managed to get it to look somewhat even and then I noticed that it make parts of my skin look orangey. I had a few dry spots from my acne cream ( I had a bad break out) and instead of covering those it highlighted them. Also Jersey is an extremely humid state and the moment I stepped outside I felt it basically become sticky and start running. After that I had enough I was not going to be wearing a BB cream that made me feel sticky at an outdoor pool all summer. I went to take it off and now because it was sticky, it took me about 10 minutes, 2 make up remover towelettes and a nice face wash. It doesn't even take me that long to remove a full face of going out make up. 




I've tried it one more time since and got basically the same results. It wasn't as humid that day so it didn't get sticky however I noticed at after a few hours it got flakey and really dry. I would not repurchase this product again, honestly I am not going to finish the reminder of this product. I'm really upset I didn't like it because it is Rimmel and Rimmel doesn't normally disappoint me. 

Have you guys tried any BB creams? Any you would recommend? 

Lots of Love!

post signature

23 comments:

  1. Hi Rena, yuck think I will avoid this. Have you tried Loreal's CC cream it is really good also. the Estee Lauder BB cream is good too. A little more expensive but worth it. Love Laura xxx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might try the Loreal CC cream next! thanks so much! xx

      Delete
  2. i havent used any bbcream, thank god my skin looks nice with just some concealer and powder, but sometimes i think i need one like this for those "pretty at gym" days

    http://www.thaniasg.blogspot.mx
    http://www.facebook.com/tsg.thania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completely agree! I want a pretty by the poolside look but this just isn't the right BB cream for me! xx

      Delete
  3. I have tried the Estee Lauder Daywear Anti-oxidant BB Cream and I love it! x


    Kelsey | thenoisythinker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds really nice! I'll look into it :) xx thank you!

      Delete
  4. this looks really good! I have been needing a new foundation, i might take a look at this one x

    please check out my blog if you have time,
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. By just the swatch it literally looks like just sunscreen. It looks uncomfortable. I recommend you the Olay Fresh Effects one. It smells so good and feels super light and moisturizing. I hear the Garnier one is really good as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! It feels like sunscreen! and the olay one sounds really nice! thanks girl! xx

      Delete
  6. Ahh what a Shame! I know what you mean about Rimmel, their products are always great so it's gutting when one disappoints you so much :(( xxx


    ❤ www.MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't want to write this review just because it is Rimmel! Love a lot of their other products though! xx

      Delete
  7. I almost bought this when I was buying the Rimmel Primer.. glad I didn't!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How's their primer?! I have yet to try it! xx

      Delete
  8. That's such a shame! I've been looking for a BB Cream but will avoid this one. Have you tried any others? If you do please let me know!

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know! I'm thinking about trying the Clinique one or the Olay one next! xx

      Delete
  9. I use the Clinique BB cream, it is slightly on the expensive side but it really is worth it! Gives great coverage and feels like your not wearing anything!!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to try that one next! thank you! xx

      Delete
  10. aaaahhh so useful! a few days ago i was wondering which BB cream should i buy, i read ALLLL the reviews i could find and i narrowed the choice down to 2 products: maybelline and garnier. i tried both on the sides of my face and went to starbucks to "wait for scientific purposes" and maybelline won. not sticky, no wild blemishes (!!) and no annoying smell. the coverage is not greeeeeat but hey, if it's sunny who cares about that uneven skintone on my cheeks right?! (wow this turned out to be an essay-comment! i'm sorry hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like longer comment it gives me more feedback and advice! I've heard good things about both maybelline and garner but I haven't tried either or yet I think ill try the Maybelline ones first :) thanks so much! xx

      Delete
  11. I wish companies would stop claiming that the cream/lipstick/perfume would mow the lawn and iron our clothes. BB creams and I stopped getting along from the start itself. The Garnier one made half my cheek-skin peel off on day one and it's still here untouched. I didn't dare review it because everyone else called it the next best thing since makeup was discovered. The Estee Lauder one didn't do anything, good or bad, and the oil came rushing back. I'm back to my SPF moisturiser-primer-foundation routine for good.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the stress! Im over the whole BB CC DD creams! xx

      Delete

I love reading every single comment! Feel free to leave your blog link and giveaways but please don't leave follow for a follow comments.