Sunday, September 22, 2013

Top Three Lipsticks



Hi Guys!
I hope you've all been having a good September! This month has been so busy for me between school, work and just getting back into the flow of things. I've finally got a little time for myself so I've decided to making myself a cup of tea and do a little blogging. Today, I am going to show you my top three lipsticks of basically all time. These are the ones I reach for the most. They are Russian Red by MACRose by Hourglass and Nude Delight by Rimmel



L to R: Nude Delight, Russian Red and Rose

Russian Red by MAC: Russian Red is a classic. There is really no other way to put it. It is that perfect red for a dramatic lip look. It is well loved in the blogger world and it is easy to see why! First of all the texture is creamy and thick which makes one coat more than enough for full coverage. Also it isn't drying at all and lasts for a good 4 hours and through a few drinks. It says that it a matte lipstick however I think it has a little bit of a shine to it but it is actually the perfect amount of shine. The color is perfect because it is a deep red with blue undertones that makes your teeth look super white. You can buy at any MAC counter or store for 15 dollars. It is a great red for anyone looking for a first red or to expand their red collection. 





Rose by Hourglass: Rose is the newest one out of three. I was in Sephora one day and I swatched some of the liquid lipsticks. I went home that night showered, cooked and did all my normal things and then noticed that the liquid lipstick swatches still looked amazing. I was so impressed that I went back the next day and bought this one and let me tell you the long wear is amazing. This is a great lipstick for those days that you know you're going to be out all day because you can put it on in the morning and leave the lipstick at home. I have worn it for 8 hours, had 2 cups of coffee, eat lunch and went to three classes and it still looked just like how it looked when I first put it on. The color is great too. It is a pretty rosy pink color that works for everyday wear or for nights out. It also dries matte! The only two downsides are that it can get a bit drying so make sure to apply Chapstick before you use it and that it is 28 dollars. Honestly though, I do think it is worth every single cent I spent on it. 





Nude Delight by Rimmel: Last but not least is my "go to" everyday lipstick Nude Delight by Rimmel. We all know my love for Rimmel; it is my favorite drugstore brand. This lipstick is a very nice nude color with a hint of shimmer. I've been wearing it on an everyday bases just because its subtle but still gives good color and lasts for about 5 hours without retouches. It does on like butter and feels like moisturizing to the lips. You can't go wrong with this color! It looks great on everyone. You can get this lipstick as any drugstore for around 5 dollars.







What lipsticks have you been loving?

Lots of Love, 




17 comments:

  1. Nice picks! I've read about that Rimmel one before. I think I'm gunna give it a try :-D
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Hour Glass one :) its soo pretty :) good selection of colours :)

    Katie xx | Katies World

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Russian red such a classic colour, really want to try the hour glass lipstick it looks amazing! Lovely post xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russian red is such a great color thank you! xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely lipsticks, I have heard so much about the hourglass lip stains, I have to go and get one for myself!!

    I am running a giveaway on my blog be sure to check it out!!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lipsticks, I have heard so much about the hourglass lip stains, I have to go and get one for myself!!

    I am running a giveaway on my blog be sure to check it out!!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hourglass Rose is such a gorgeous colour and looks very pigmented! Lovely post!
    xoxo

    http://www.berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the hourglass one, but the price puts me off!
    Becky xx

    beckylovesbeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really expensive but so worth it! Thank you xx

      Delete
  8. Love the three of them! The colors look absolutely fantastic, and I'll definitely try one!

    I just followed you on GFC. If you want, we can follow each other on other platforms. Just let me know!

    www.astylevictim.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that hourglass one looks and sounds amazing!! You have to splash out on a few things occasionally don't you?! ;)
    I love Russian red by mac but I don't wear ed lipsticks, I'm a bit scared of them! Wish I could though.

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still looking for a red I could pull off... maybe I'll try Russian red. :D The other two lipsticks also look lovely.

    Maja, Pink Mascara

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single comment! Feel free to leave your blog link and giveaways but please don't leave follow for a follow comments.