Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Winterize Your Nails

Happy December Everyone! I am so excited for winter to official be here. There is nothing better than cuddling up with a blanket while drinking a hot chocolate watching snow fall down. Seriously, I love winter. I was contacted by the lovely people at Julep and asked if I would like to take part in coming up with some tips to winterize your nails. I was super excited because well no one likes sad nails and Julep is an awesome company. They were kind enough in sharing their tips with me which I am more than happy to share with your guys and I have come up with some of my own ways! I hope you guys enjoy.


1)  Moisture: My favorite tip from Julep is to moisture often! New Jersey winter is no joke with the cold air and even colder winds. There is nothing worse than having dry hands and cuticles. Not only is it uncomfortable but also it can be painful. Julep suggestions using their Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum. Some other things I use to moisture is Rose Salve. Rose Salve is great because it is in a small tin and can be used on your lips, hands, cuticle and pretty much anything else that is dry.

2) Paint: Winter is the perfect time to try out new nail trends. I feel like spring and summer are always the same bright neon colors but in the winter, you can show off your darker side. I love painting my nails festive colors such as red, gold, and maroon. I also love the look of matte nails for the winter. Julep shared with me some of their hot colors from the winter and oh my gosh! how pretty is Sawyer?! It is actually the perfect color for the holiday season. You can check out all their awesome colors on their nail polish color page


3) Treat Yourself: I think it is important to treat yourself in the winter and go get a nice manicure. I don't know about you but I am really bad at buffing and shaping my own nails. So I think it is nice to get them done every once in a while to make sure they are in their best shape. Nothing is more relaxing than getting a manicure. 

What do you do to winterize your nails? 

lots of love, 

Rena 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single comment! Feel free to leave your blog link and giveaways but please don't leave follow for a follow comments.